Our museum is working on several fronts towards the ultimate goal of having a Halifax aircraft on display.
Working in association with Halifax 57 Rescue, we are:
- Working to recover Halifax HR871 from shallow water off the coast of Sweden.
- Continuing efforts to locate and recover Halifax LW170 from the Atlantic Ocean off of the west coast of Ireland.
- Displaying and restoring significant parts that were recovered from a scrapyard in Malta and shipped to Canada.
- Restoring a centre-section wing spar using parts from Malta that are currently in Ottawa.
- Operating one of four Bristol Hercules engines that were recovered from a military bunker in Terrace, B.C. and has been restored at the museum.
- Restoring a second Bristol Hercules engine to runnable condition.