No. 424 Squadron’s nickname was “Tiger Squadron” and nose art featuring tigers first appeared while the squadron was serving in North Africa in 1943. The nickname and the connection with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats football team likely led to the City of Hamilton adopting the squadron in December, 1944. “A Train” was a popular wartime swing tune. This nose art was painted on Halifax LV-951 (QB-A) by Matthew Ferguson. Many of his designs were placed in front of a maple leaf. Halifax LV-951 was lost over Braunschweig on 13 August 1944. Ferguson was one of the most prolific of the Canadian nose artists, painting on Spitfire fighters as well as Wellington, Halifax, and Lancaster Bombers.