The company name Kinner is synonymous with the five cylinder radial and the design of this American built engine dates back to 1919.
They ran with a heavy, throbbing vibration, but enjoyed a long life and a reputation for ruggedness, durability, reliability and economical operation.
Kinners were the engine of choice for the Fleet bi-plane trainers used by the RCAF before and during WW II. Kinner B-5’s (125 h.p.) powered the Fleet 7B Fawn II and the R-5 version of the engine (160 h.p.) was used in the Fleet 16D Finch and also the Fleet Model 10D’s purchased by China, Mexico, and Venezuela.
|Manufactured by:||Kinner Aircraft and Motor|
|Power:||125 h.p. @ 1925 r.p.m.|
|Cylinders:||5; radial; air-cooled|
|Displacement:||441 cu. In.|