The Dragon was a Mk. V Halifax (Serial LK947) and was delivered to No. 428 squadron on 15 October 1943, where it completed eight operations between 22/23 October 1943 and 21/22 January 1944. Flight Sgt. E. O’Connor and crew flew her on the first four operations to Kassel, Dusseldorf, Mannheim, and Berlin.On 14 January 1944, the Halifax was transferred to No. 429 squadron, completing four operations, the last being a trip to Meulan Les Mereaux on 2/3 March flown by P/O W.B. Byers. Once again the Mk. V was transferred, this time to No. 434 squadron, arriving on 5 March 1944. The Halifax completed seven more operations, her last to Frisian Islands on 7 May 1944, flown by F/Sgt. W. Wood.LK947 was then assigned to No. 1659 and 1669 Heavy Conversion Units for training purposes prior to being designated for disposal at High Ercall on 21 January 1945.While the Halifax completed only 19 operations the photo clearly shows a total of 24 white bombs. [Why the extra five bombs?]Green Dragon is the only panel in the Canadian War Museum collection that came from the aircraft disposal operation at High Ercall.