Halifax Mk. VII (serial NP717) was assigned to No. 408 squadron on 13 July 1944. The aircraft received the code letters “EQ-W” and flew her first operation on 4 August 1944 to bomb Bois de Cassen, France. Nineteen different crews flew this aircraft, 13 completing only one operation in the aircraft. Two crews flew her the most. P/O T.V. Barber and crew completed 10 operations and S/L A. Rossenberry flew her on twelve, including her last on 18 May 1945 to Heligoland.